I was actually confused when I first wrote that I had finished the first cycle, since a cycle consists of a few drugs for two weeks, and then different drugs for two weeks. This means I have now completed the first month of treatment - which is the first cycle.
I got to go snowboarding two Thursdays ago for the first time after missing a ski season last year. It was really fun, and I saw my six year old brother ski for the first time. We didn't stay too long, since when we got there we were worn out by long ski lines, and when it thinned out for night skiing, my leg which has been bothering me was a bit tired. After skiing, we made our way down the canyon to get ramen, in a pretty authentic restaurant that started as a hole-in-wall in Salt Lake. Also a good time, and the soup was great!
New Years eve night was spent in the hospital, with my family, and we hung out and played games a lot of the night. We had treats, hung out together, and had a good time all in all. My family had to leave before we actually got to midnight - since they had a 45 minute drive home. I stayed up to 11:30 before going to bed....I wish I had stayed up.
We've been keeping pretty busy since I wasn't able to do too much immediately after the end of my last round of Chemo. But we have done things like put our Christmas stuff away, go to the hospital to check out my recent infection of MRSA (so inconvenient), and then got to go to the cabin once. Although, I have admittedly had plenty of time, sometimes I don't prepare myself and find that I am in a situation where I lack resources to be productive for a time.....but it is really still my fault. I still plan on learning a programming language, but I haven't looked at the course that I started for about a week... reading the scriptures have been good though. I have been reading about where king Limhi in the Book of Mormon meets with Ammon and recounts his history. I am impressed with his faith in the Lord that, with Ammon there, he will be able to help them be delivered from their enemies.
I just want to bear my testimony that I know the church is true. I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers, and that He can and will communicate with us. I know that Thomas S Monson was an inspired man and that we will still have inspired leadership in this Church. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that we can get closer to God as we read it. I know that God loves us and is mindful of each one of us. I know He cares about us. I know he has given us all the unique paths that we are on to lead us to become like Him. I know that we can find peace through him, through the means that He has set for us to find it.
I hope you all have a great week.
Nathan Allen
Also, I did shave my head... I was tired of seeing my hair fall out.


Comments
Post a Comment