After returning home, and being home for just over two weeks, I was told I will not be returning to my mission. My service of 16 months is, at least for the time being, complete. This was told to me by my stake president today, two days after receiving word from my doctor. I was told by the doctor in the Huntsman building for cancer that I do have cancer. It is a rare, childhood cancer that normally is found in children under the age of five. It is treatable, and I will be starting on either Tuesday, or Wednesday. The expected treatment time is about one year.
My family has been here for me, and it has been wonderful. Due to my a family situation, and people being gone, yesterday was the first day that all of my immediate family was together. They will be able to support me as I get care at Primary Children's Hospital. I definitely have been blessed with great parents and a great family. I will have the help of doctors here, and specialists, who deal with 99 % of the cases of this disease in the mountain West. I am certainly grateful for all the people around here and abroad who support me. It is going to be hard, but I have faith I (we) can get through it.
Comments
Post a Comment